Write the body of the essay
Write the Body Paragraphs
In the body of the essay, the topic you have chosen must now be explained, described, or argued.
Each main idea that you put down in your diagram or outline will become one of the body paragraphs. If you had four or five main ideas, you will have the corresponding number of body paragraphs.
Each body paragraph of your essay will have the same structure.
- Start by writing down one of your main ideas in sentence form. If your main idea is "improves one's writing skills", you may put it this way: Constant reading improves one's writing skills.
- Next, write down each of your supporting points for that main idea, but leave four or five lines in between each point.
- In the space under each point, write down some elaboration for that point. Elaboration can be some further description, explanation, or discussion.
- Supporting Point
- Checking newspapers and magazines on a daily basis will help to remember the spelling of words.
- Reading newspapers and magazines is very useful because a person remembers the spelling of words which will help to improve his writing skills.
- If you wish, include a summary sentence for each paragraph. This is not mandatory, however. Besides, such sentences have a tendency to sound stilted, therefore you have to be cautious.
You are ready to continue once you are finished with writing body paragraphs, one for each main point.
Browse Student Essays & Term Papers: Be prepared for class! Sign-up for over 800,000 pre-written essays and term papers on the most popular topics and get a free access to more than 15,000 biographies.
Buy Original Essays & Term Papers: Need a custom written paper on a specific topic? Let our experienced writer assist you. Order essay on any topic now!